Tuesday, February 9, 2010

7!

Sedat's tournament is over, and Uptown 1.0 finished very well, in 7th place out of 195. I'm very happy with that, especially knowing that version 1.0 had some serious problems, especially in B90.

I'm also happy with Uptown 1.0's performance with Deep Shredder 12, which was the secondary engine used in the tournament. It it's now the top Deep Shredder 12 book, currently in 4th places, behind Rybka, Stockfish and Naum 4.1.

I'm hoping to release the latest version of Uptown (currently 1.13) in 1-2 days.

Congratulations to all the participants of this round of SCCT 2010.

Brandon


4 comments:

Unknown said...

Congratulations on your book making skills. I might make a comeback soon and top Sedats lists again....Regards

I am "that" Brandon!! =)

Italian81@gmail.com

Brandon said...

Hey Brandon! :)

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you do make a comeback, looking forward to it!!!

Unknown said...

You have a nice blog, it looks great! It is always nice to see another person around my age with the same interest and compassion for computer chess. Even though I am not welcome on Rybka forum anymore (Courtesy of my short temper) I have followed a few of your posts and it looks like you are coming quite far in your book making and a very big congrats to cracking the top 10 on Sedats tests!! That is a tremendous feat. I hope we can become friends, I keep in contact with some great book makers and am friends with Kevin Frayer, Sedat Canbaz,OM Prakash, Sunny, Bobby, Jorge Ruiz, Marcos Alexandre, Vasid Chouhan, il kante and many others. I have a little chess forum I made myself and though it hasn't gotten very popular yet you are more than welcome to stop on by and sign up for a free account if you want. www.mychessforum.com I could use another forum moderator ;) I hope to hear from you soon buddy keep up the good work!!

Unknown said...

must congratulate you for the work you've done with your opening book. He has done a decent role since until the last moment there was much equal, except attacker. Greetings from your friend,

jordi Ruiz